You can become a member of Moneywise from birth so it’s a great place to put a little aside for your children, grandchildren and even great children.
It’s even a great place to get access to the money grownups are putting away for you.
There are strict controls over who manages junior accounts so if you are thinking of saving for a young person here are some of the key facts:
- Young members must be accompanied by a parent, grandparent or guardian when opening an account, or the parent, grandparent or guardian can open an account on the young member’s behalf.
- If the young person joins at a school collection point s/he does not need to be accompanied by a parent, grandparent or guardian and a signature by the teacher will be sufficient to open an account.
- The maximum withdrawal permitted for a junior member on their own under the age of 7 years without a parent/guardian present is £10.
- The maximum withdrawal permitted for a junior member who is older than 7 years and younger than 16 years without a parent/guardian present is £50.
Get the Moneywise Smartcash card from Engage
A Visa debit card that makes cash a thing of the past.
Only a one off £10 fee.
- No monthly management fees
- FREE for any purchases made in the UK
- Only £0.35 for a UK ATM withdrawal
- FREE to load from your parents bank account or your Credit Union account
- £10 minimum initial load
- up to £50 maximum ATM withdrawal per day
- Maximum £500 card balance at any one time
Apply Right Now
Membership is open to all who live and work in the Tyne and Wear, County Durham, Teesside or Northumberland region.
Joining Moneywise is free, subject to a £1 annual membership fee, all we ask is that you save regularly to support our funds for lending. We only lend to members so you can be confident your savings are being used to support like-minded individuals.